More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

3 Things for Today

1. Aadat - Abhijeet's comment..
Abhijeet, you know him.. the veteran (semi-bald) Hindi playback singer. One of my favorite singers.. His first major hit was from the movie Khilaadi (Waada Raha sanam). But thats not the topic of discussion here..
He is one of the panelists for the Zee TV Saregamapa Kids Champ contest. Y'day when I was surfing the channels, saw this program. A blind kid, in black pant, black jacket, singing 'Aadat' beautifully.. Applause for him. Donno his name.. but sure will make a good singer out of himself.
Post his peformance, it was the judges turn to comment.. Bappi Lahiri (how I hate this guy *$$&$* ) and Alka Yagnik (Ms Sweet voice) gave good comments. Abhijeet's turn. He said something like this "I donno who sang this song originally.. Whoever has sung this, has sung it VERY badly.. Na sur hai na taal" . I felt like diving into that TV and kicking his.........
Point 1 -> He lied... The song is a sub-continent hit. And if you donno the name of the singer, I would say SHAME on you. Point 2 -> He has sung it badly ? Then how the hell did it become a smash hit ? Every body likes the song.. Everybody hums it.. The singer (Atif Aslam) has revolutionised the way of singing, I would say - with his frequent 'ga-ma-ga's (switching note and coming back in quick time). Abhijeet, you made a black mark.....

2. Song Listening habit..
Have to do some drastic re-work on my winamp schedule. Usually, I'm plugged in, for the entire tenure, I'm in office. Have to restrict it to probably, max 1 hr per day.. Ear phones damage your hearing ! Its not a new fact, but mine is a new act !
(Rhymed!!)

3. Boost!
Thanks to my room-mate, I've started drinking boost in teh morning.. In fat-rich milk! Its too heavy!! I feel like a stuffed teddy bear :-S

Enuff of all this..
Time to gear up for the ona-sadya (onam feast)
Lemme run around the building, 2 rounds, and emulate some more hunger in me :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Soorya said...

Happy Onam! So how was the day? Btw ,the posts show a small "shift" in the dates n day...pls correct it..I guess u posted this today,tuesday..

Tue Sep 05, 02:29:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

Soo, i started drafting this one y'day.. hence the date.. anyways, good point.. will change it :-) thanks for pointing it out.
Onam was good.. Just back from a terrific onasadya :-)
Poor you ... you cudnt hav one :(

Tue Sep 05, 02:50:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home