More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Monday, October 01, 2007

Gandhi Jayanthi


Got a forwarded mail from a friend of mine..
Its in the form of an image file. Its given below:

Image obviously seems to be lifted from http://quoteswallpaper.blogspot.com/


The subject of the mail read "Happy Gandhi Jayanthi"

I went into an introspection mode (there was plenty of faaltu time with me, you see..)
And this is the reply that I cooked up...

// start of mail

I tend to ask a lot of questions (to myself) on this occassion..
1. How many of us know the year of birth of Gandhiji ?
2. What value does it bring in, if we just pass on these one liner wishes,
and dont follow his path.
3. If there wasnt a holiday given on this day, who would have remembered this day ?
(For that matter, when is Gandhi Samadhi day ?!)

I have seen Shivsena marches and violence outbreaks on Valentine's Day.
This is one way of destructive protest.
But is there anything done on a day like this, something constructive ?

Its time for us to think.. to act.. to come forward and stand on our toes..

Happy Gandhi Jayanthi !

Rat

PS: All my screws are in-tact

//end of mail

2 Comments:

Blogger Soorya said...

Answers to your question (though i still wonder why you asked it when u hv google n wiki :-p)

1)How many of us know the year of birth of Gandhiji ?
A) Tuf question, if u meant in literal sense. Otherwise, its 1869 and I know it :-)

2) What value does it bring in, if we just pass on these one liner wishes,
and dont follow his path.
A) Question is NA to me coz I hv NOT passed the mail chain. Abt values : Reminds me of the essay I had to write titled "Gandhian Principles I used in my life" and I was helpless coz i couldn't think of anything genuine.Neither have I spoken truth always nor have I resorted to Ahimsa when I thought I was crushed. Finally,with lot of sincerity I wrote that one day during my school hols, I rummaged thru my old clothes which looked quite pretty and I had abandoned them only coz they lost a button or 2. Took the task of mending them and at the end of day ,I had 5 pairs of clothes which looked as good as brand new. End of essay. And probably it was for the sincerity rather than the content the essay won the 2nd prize! No Comments.
3) when is Gandhi Samadhi day
A)January 30, 1948

Mon Oct 01, 09:12:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

Good go, Soo!
Well, for a change, I thought google shouldnt help me - I dint sought help..
And that essay was good.. cute n kidful :)

Mon Oct 01, 11:25:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home