More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Monday, February 06, 2006

RDB n Inquilab Zindabad

I was annoyed, irritated..
No thats not the right words..
I felt ashamed !

A foreigner 20-some lady is talkin ga-ga on Indian Freedom Struggle.
That was well n fine..
But she seemed to know everything - the meaning of "inquilab zindabad" too!

I've heard these 2 words being used in conjunction many a times.
Be it in Cinema, on the roads, or during my 4-year (struggle) at college.

But what does that clause mean ?
What is inquilab zindabad ?

Even in RDB, I couldnt get an answer.
There is reference to Inquilab Zindabad, but the Director skil-fully stops there!
Perhaps, he wanted the ignorant lot to find the answer all by themselves.

So here I am at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=inquilab+zindabad&btnG=Google+Search

The second search result gave me the answer I was looking for!

But I wont type it here.. no .. not too easy!
If you know, u don need to ask google.
If you donno, find it out !

Let me sign off at this note..

sar_faroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil me.n hai
dekhanaa hai zor kitanaa baazuu-e-qaatil me.n hai
rah_rav-e-raah-e-muhabaat rah na jaana raah me.n
lazzat-e-saharaa_navardii duurii-e-manzil me.n hai

- Bismil Azimabadi

(We are prepared to sacrifice our head,
Let us see the power of the executioner's arm
Do not linger behind, O traveller of the path of love
The pleasure of wandering in the desert lies in it's distance)
_________________________
And for the uninitiated, RDB is Rang De Basanti

4 Comments:

Blogger Venkat C said...

Hi Rat,
I saw rdb yesterday and I liked it. Good blog.. keep going ..tho knowing tamil, i can understand a bit of malayalam, I could not understand mst of you conversation with KK.
- Venkataprasad
PS : i am from cdf too..in san jose now. Neeti has told a lot abt ur dancing skills

Mon Feb 06, 11:37:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

Thanks Venky,
Yeah RDB is a gud film.
Nice camera, nice performances, nice songs, nice n funny 1st half, intense 2nd half..
And if u need any help understanding the conversation, ST is always there ;-)
Neeti told u about my what ?
:-S
She jokes very often these days, don u think so ?
:D
Keep reading, n commenting..

Mon Feb 06, 12:20:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rat,

Inquilab refers more to Freedom rather than the meaning you get from the net through a google search.

Sat Mar 11, 01:18:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

Right Vishal, its not just 2 mere words. There is more to it than it seems to be, or it means... It represents the spirit of a nation, the thirst for freedom, and the struggle to attain it! But its a pity, you see this being used anywhere and everywhere.
A student is dismissed, out comes the cry 'Inquilab Zindabad' from the union office! I bet not a single one of 'em knows the meaning.

Mon Mar 13, 05:35:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home