More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Once in a 'Blue Moon'

N7W has already gone into memories... The 'life expectancy' of any news these days is a few days. Its only once in a blue moon that a story (aka news) comes and makes a big national impact and stays alive for a few weeks, if not months. One such news was the Jessica Lall case.

Well, I'm not here to do a flashback into any sensational news.

The topic, now, is "Once in a blue moon".
Rather, to be specific, "Blue moon".

I had been using this phrase many a times, without knowing the origin. For sure, I knew what it meant. But how it came into existence? This thought never flashed into my mind. Of course, as with any other thing, my mind keeps making assumptions. And the usage 'once in a blue moon' would give me the visual of me on terrace, cloudy sky, and a bluish moon playing hide and seek behind the dark clouds. Well, its only recently that I found the actual 'blue moon'

Yes, I really found it! And captured it.
Here it is :-)



One more:



(This one is a real 'blue' moon) :-D

And trivia says, "the second full moon, in the same month is called a blue moon. Though its called 'blue' moon, its not blue in color"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home