More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

You Have Changed A Lot

You dont have time for us...
How is life treating you these days ?

These are just a few of the 'write-able' lines I get to hear these days.
But why all of a sudden ?

B'caz I'm married !

Its not the first time that a sub-30 average looking fella got married. But then, perhaps an engineer-doctor combination would have amused a few. Yesterday a fella caught me on gtalk.

He: You got married ?
I : Yes, I did.. I had sent a group invitation..
He: What is she doing ?
I : She is a doctor at ABC hospital
He: Doctor ? Isnt it difficult to manage...blahblah..

Whats the big fuss ? IPC has no section that makes it difficult to live with a doc (for her, with an engr)

All said and done, here is another very popular question:
So how is life after marriage ? (this qn is not always as decent as is typed here :D)

After having evaded witfully from the first 17 instances of this question, I gave it a thought.
So, how really is life after marriage ? What has changed ? Let me try to bullet some things down

=> A constant (consistent) pillion rider
=> Familiar lines narrated by a new voice - "Lunch?" , "Dinner?", "Walk?", "How ws the day?"..
=> No through-ventilation in the night - the door ought to be locked, by all means
=> Not avid shoppers, both of us (good for me and my pocket :P)
=> Lesser time at work-from-home in front of the lapie
=> Suggestions, advices, gyaan ! (I make sure I'm seldom at the receiving end :D)
=> Better dressing sense (from NIL to some sense!)
=> The one-point-stop for all the household engineering needs
(read, tightening the cooker screw, re-filling mineral water can and all such similar "extreme" engineering activities)
=> A few envious bachelor faces (the frown on their face tells - ivanum pennu kitto ? athum oru doctor pennu! )
=> And not to forget, FREE treatments! (medical, i meant :D)

Tail:
1. After outlining a hi-fi mega super duper honeymoon trip abroad, we finally managed to pay a visit to Ooty. (Which abroad country hosts Ooty in it? :-S )
2. If you thought stretching a few hours, seated in a cozy cushion chair in AC room is the toughest thing to do, then there are somethings to learn from docs. No sitting, no proper food-timings and lot of hopeful eyes on you... A bug in code is better by miles.
So go code bugs ;-))

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Soorya said...

Dressing Nonsense to dressing Sense :-p
Did she comment on that pair of outrageously orange trousers of urs??!!

Tue Nov 03, 01:25:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

She opted to remain silent on the orange trouser. I need to go for some spirituality classes to learn decoding the essence of contextual silence.. sigh...

Tue Nov 03, 10:56:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Aishwarya Ananth said...

Awesome Awesome.. Finally a post!! :) and that too an interesting one..! :D liked it!
I went through similar experiences too.. ;)

Wed Nov 04, 08:08:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger VG said...

Changed???!!! Are you so weak that a marriage would change u?? Che.. Mosham mosham..

Sat Nov 07, 05:59:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

@Aish: same pinch!
@VG: I never said I changed :D

Tue Nov 10, 03:13:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home