More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Chanakya Quote

Happened to come across a quote.
By the legendary Chanakya (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC-275 BC)

The quote goes like this
"There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no
friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth."

Thought over it.
Again and again.
Can it be true ?
No, said my mind..

Quickly had a preview of all my friends in my mind..
No, it cant be true. My friendships (and theirs) are not based on any
self-interest. There may be exceptions - but then the majority is pure
friendship.

But then, there is another aspect.
I asked this friend of mine, Ms N
Why do I chat with you ?
Why do I keep in touch you ?
Why do I make friends with you ?

N asked - Y ?

I had my reply.
Because I find myself happy in your company.
This statement hits the Bull's Eye.
It is for MY happines.. My joy !
Take it in that angle, and yes, my friendship with her is with an interest
in mind - A harmless one, and a good one for that matter.

But then every thing in this world happens with a reason
(Naay.. This is not a statement from Matrix)

Think of it and even if you initially wonder, is there any reason for that ?
Finally you will come up with a reason - You will be able to !
The reason that you've found out could be totally different from another
person's ..
But still there IS a reason

Taking the argument (rather, reasoning) forward, you can extend it to
friendship. Friendship also happens with a reason.
"You feel happy, joyous, jubiliant, cared-for in friendship"

But then, there is this question.
Why does Chanakya put it as a "bitter truth" ?
Can write a whole new 2-page write-up on this too :)

____________________________________________________
What I learned today :
How long does it take to train a bunch of
amateurs for a fashion show and a dance competition ?
2 days :)
(But the audience will have their own verdict!!)
Watchout for more on this topic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home