More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

PdP

Through all these years, I have made sure that I'll go for it:
1. if it is on-stage.
2. if it is non-technical.

And when I cleared the prelims of the Pop-de-Personality contest,
it meant, I got another opportunity to get on to the stage.

Friday, the 12th of May was destined to be the D-day.

Stage has never made me shiver, or cold-handed.
But if have to stand there with a mic, the above statement holds untrue.
:-S

And thats exactly what happened at 4.30PM that day.
4 rounds
1. Self introduction
2. Talent round (no mic here) :-)
3. JAM (just a minute)
4. Judges Qn

Except for the round 2, all the other rounds were just average.
(I made sure that round 2 was below average)
:D

Having done with all the rounds (it took more than an hour, with 7 participants),
it was time for the judges to tally the score sheet.
While teh 3 judges started working on the laptop (obviously start->run->calc),
the organisers asked through the mic.
Would you guys like to do some numbers as gap fillers ?
One girl got up and sang..
3 mins.. Still scores not ready.
Now the organisers narrowed down on me. Ratheesh, you had some magic and
mimicry items to perform , right ?

I cursed the time of the day (and the day too), when I told them that
I know magic and mimicry. What was said in such a light manner with an
innocent deadpan face remained in their memory for long :(

But when ppl cheer, and when you are challenged in front of a big
gathering (and when that gathering has some of your fans), you better
take it up.

So I got onto the stage..

Item 1:
Announcement: Hi all.. I would like to present an interesting magic show.
Its different. Why? You'll know in quick time.
(to the orgnsrs) - can i hav a collar mike pls?
(got the collar mic. by now the crowd is on their toes..)

I took out my hankerchief.. Spread it out wide.
Waved it to the audience.. Held it to my right, wide open..
"Watch carefully... Dont take your eyes off it.."
"Do you see anything?"

then i moved the hankie to my left..
Same dicole..

The crowd became anxious..
So were my fellow participants (who were seated on stage)

Some twists.. some turns.. some shake.. some tricks with hand..

Then I brought the hankie back in front of the audience..
"Do you see anythin?"

Turned the hankie upside down
"Do you see anything?"

NO !

"Thats all! Thank you"
:-S



I went back to the seat ,amidst some laughters, some gaalis from the audience.
:D

Later came back on foot, to perform a mimicry..
Let me not type that here.
(Don wanna lose the rest of my readers. The above magic show would hav kicked out
some of them)
:-S

Over n out

Tail
1. I dint get the first runners up prize :(
2. neither did i get the runners up prize
3. Nor the first prize.
4. Came forth :) Got a big gift - a file folder :-S - a stupid thing :(
But something is better than nothing!
5. Next few days, out of office. Going to Ooty, with family

6 Comments:

Blogger sandeep said...

don't underestimate ur readers..

if we've come all this long, we sure have the ability and mental toughness to keep going.. ;-)

so add the mimicry part also...

Thu May 18, 02:08:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second sand :D

It is sad that there was no one to warn them about the dire consequences.

Thu May 18, 02:26:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger La Louve said...

lol @ magic trick!! you're too funny :)

have fun in Ooty!

Sun May 21, 03:30:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Soorya said...

Btw whenz the next show?? ;-)

Wed May 24, 08:56:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

@sandy - yes, i'll put it :)
@kiron - yeah no warnings :))
@wbix - haha, thanks wbix. Well, had tons of fun in ooty, with mist,cold,altitudes..
@soorya - next show ? What for ? tomato/egg/slipper/stone? :-s

Wed May 24, 11:47:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

then y the hell didnt u sing a song !!!

Tue Jul 04, 06:25:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home