More Me


My Orkut Page

Bethanians

Gasper
Geo
Kiron

~Bethanians

Soorya
Aish
Vann G

Popular Labels

movie
treat
trips
festival
wedding
TV

Stump Engine!

Search this blog and affiliated blogs

Friday, May 22, 2009

Where's the land ?

I'm concerned about the ever increasing tree felling and the steady pace of constructions in cities blowing up every piece of land. But I asked this question, not in one of these contexts...

6 in the evening, these days, is reserved for rain. Leave from office either at 5.30, or past 7 and find yourself like a wet cat. This is what happened yesterday. The result was a lil different... I became a wet rat :D

A glance at the sky from Eejipura signal towards Domlur wasnt pleasant. It looked as if one of those black holes came down from outer space and landed upon earth.

Racing against nature is no good.. An attempt is all I made.. But I lost. Rain came down in bucket-full drops. And I took refuge at a shop shed. The shop looked like one of those village kinds, wooden shutter nostalgic ones...

The shelter was 8x4 sft. And there were already 2 bikes, 5 guys and a dog. I found my place and settled down, enjoying the rain droplets in the yellowish headlights of passing vehicles...

There were a few crazy bikers - both ladies and gents - who dared to go against the rain....all wet. I opted not to join them.

15 mins into the rain, and the road disappeared. It was water everywhere. My dry land disappeared too.. What felt like rain falling directly into my socks , was in fact , muddy ground water trying to dip me in.

I discovered an interlock brick.. Tapped it to stability, and stepped over.

I felt like a triumphant warrior on the war-field.. Wanted to raise my helmet in pride. But the helmet was still on, to save that part of the body from being drenched.

The victorious posture didnt last for long. Soon water level popped up, and the brick disappeared under thick brown stream... The fate of my shoe wasnt any different..

Bro called.. Nothing was audible.. Then he msg-ed.. Where are you ? Are you alright ? Should I come ? Reckoning his worries, I msged back saying I'm alive and safe. Another msg from him "The junction ahead is flooded. Ride only if u see land. Follow a vehicle"

30 mins passed by, and the shelter was empty. Rain had subsided and ppl moved on.. It was just me and the dog..

Already fully drenched, there is not much of point waiting for sunshine. In this part of the world, that is near impossible thing at 7.30 in the evening. So I decided to go.

Not even 100 m into the road, there was a barricade placed. And ahead of it was something that reminded me of the Zeus Canal (when was the last time i visited Zeus Canal?). Following a vehicle in the front seemed the best thing to do..

For a change, the usually busy roads are empty (and flooded). And the usually unused roads are full of vehicles (and less of water).

The rest of the distance (close to 4km) was travelled in 1st gear or the 2nd. Losing balance while at this speed was a dangerous act, coz I would be creating an opportunity to paint my pants brown, till knee level..

Goin along all unfamilar roads, squeezin past numerous stalled vehicles, and helping myself thru the rains, I reached a familiar road... Thereforth, it was ascent, and flood was a thing of the past.

At home, RockMon was all stunned to see RockUnc, completely muddy :P

Tail:
1. Casualties : 1 pair of shoes, 1 laptop charger.
2. The bike is rocking !
3. I found a biker racing amidst stalled vehicles in the flood and almost banging into a residential gate. He had done so , to set foot on dry ground for balancing, not interested in wetting it :D
4. In the Zeus Canal was an auto, "parked" perpendicular at the middle of the road, apparently with a water-logged engine
5. Bin replied to one of my msgs "Eeeeshwarraa... Nee Marichooo!!!" :P

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sandeep said...

Oru geotagged image koodi idu.. :)
Info for other travellers.

Laptop charger-e poyollo? Laptop illayirunno?

Mon May 25, 08:39:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rat said...

these days, not much of photography.. moreover, when the incident happened, my mobile camera wasnt working (blame it on the rain?) :-S
Laptop is perfectly alright.. only the charger got killed :P

Mon May 25, 11:22:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home